Parks and recreation

Wedding Bookings Frequently Asked Questions

  • Do I need to make a booking?

    Gold Coast parks are a popular venue for many events - from weddings, to birthday parties, picnic get togethers.  We know how important your wedding days is and booking a nominated park is the best way to ensure no other weddings booked by Council, are taking place at the same time.  Please note, if you want to book a beach wedding, there is a separate application process.
  • What park locations do you suggest for weddings?

    We have compiled a list of our most popular wedding locations. These can be found here. Of course, there are many other parks that are also great for a wedding and you are able to book these as well.
  • How much does it cost?

    There is an application fee of $98.00 to book the park. Broadwater Parklands ceremonies have their own seperate fees.  Please click here for information on Broadwater Parklands bookings.
  • Can I book the park longer than two hours?

    All bookings are in two-hour increments only. This way, we can meet demand, and allow sometimes several weddings to take place comfortably across the day. We ask that you please do not set up the area earlier than your booking time, as there may be another wedding before yours.
  • Am I able to have music playing?

    Of course. Acoustic and amplified music is fine. But please respect local park users and nearby residents by keeping music to a suitable volume.
  • Do we need a permit to photograph?

    No. Photography and videography are at your leisure. If you do wish to have photographs taken at a park, without a ceremony, we still suggest the park is booked. This way we can try and limit the number of photography sessions in the one location. All of our parks have picturesque photography locations, and of course foreshore parks have easy access to the beach.  We would also love to feature your wedding photograph on our website - simply click here to email us your best park wedding photo.
  • Are we allowed to bring our own alcohol or serve food?

    No alcohol is permitted to be consumed in parks in accordance with Queensland State Law. The booking is for two hours only which is for the set up, ceremony and photos.  There are many amazing cafes, restaurants and function centres held within walking distance or a short drive from popular parks.
  • Can I use any celebrant?

    Yes you are able to select any celebrant – it is your day, enjoy! It is a good idea to forward a copy of the park booking to the celebrant, so they can ensure they set up at the correct location/time.
  • Can I bring my own equipment?

    You may bring your own wedding set-up including carpeted aisle, archway, flags and/or a signing table. We ask that chairs are limited to 20 in respect to other park users. You are also able to erect a 3 metre x 3 metre pop-up marquee, however, we ask that pegs are not used in the grass.
  • Can my vehicle gain access to drive in the park?

    No. As the park is open to all residents, safety is of upmost importance. All the parks recommended for weddings have nearby roads/parking spaces so only a short walk to the aisle is required.
  • Can I use confetti or rice?

    We ask that the confetti be biodegradable. Of course you are also able to use loose rose petals and/or bubbles. The use of rice is prohibited as it attracts wildlife.
  • What if it rains?

    We strongly suggest you have a plan B in place. We do have several venues that have a small undercover area that would accommodate a small wedding, however, the undercover area cannot be booked exclusively. These parks are Laguna Park, Cascade Gardens and Harley Park.
  • What if I need to cancel or change the date?

    We ask that you contact us as soon as possible in the event of a cancellation/change of date. This way we can free the booking time and make it available to another bride and groom.
  • What if other events are on at the same time as my wedding?

    The City of Gold Coast plays host to many events, whether they are in Parks, on the city streets or within major entertainment complexes. The City of Gold Coast is not responsible for advising you of any other events that may be held in and around the Gold Coast on your wedding day. We will of course, refuse any bookings for the park that coincide with your wedding. There are certain events, however, over which we have not direct control.
  • Do you fence a section off for the ceremony?

    Parks & Recreational Services will make a reservation for the parkland for your wedding. The Crown Land (Reserves) Act, however, does not allow for exclusive use of the park or for an area to be physically cordoned off from the public.
  • Is there electrical power source we can use in the parks?

    There is no provision for electrical power in the parks. You will need to make alternative arrangements if you require a public address system (PA). Please note: no amplification over 72 decibels is allowed with the parks.

Gold Coast weddings

Park and sports finder

Email newsletter

Sign up to receive regular updates and find out what's happening in our parks