Parks and recreation

Book a park

Booking a Gold Coast Park

Council welcomes the community to use Gold Coast parks and reserves for special gatherings such as wedding ceremonies, parties and events. All coordinated activities or events requiring the use of Council controlled parkland require approval, relevant permits and may have appropriate fees/charges applied. This process is in place to prevent conflicts, make necessary maintenance preparations and avoid overuse of facilities.

Making a park booking

  1. Identify the type of activity you require a booking for and click on the relevant button below
  2. Ensure you have read all the term and conditions
  3. Complete the park booking form and submit online
  4. Applications will take 10 working days to process, any application received within 10 days of the requested date may not be approved in time.

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. What does it cost to book a park? - There is a $98 application fee for all weddings.  There is also a $98 application fee for all social gatherings over 50 guests. There is a $264 fee for all weddings at the Gold Coast Regional Botanic Gardens. There are fees at Broadwater Parklands which are determined by the event.
  2. Does this booking give me exclusive use of an area? - A booking does not give the applicant exclusive use of the park, it is public open space and as such must be available to all of the community.
  3. Can picnic shelters and barbecues be booked? - No they cannot be booked for exclusive use except at Broadwater Parklands.
  4. How much time do I have for a wedding? - Weddings are booked in two-hour blocks which allows for the set-up, ceremony and photo's.
  5. How do I book Broadwater Parklands? - Please select the Broadwater Parklands button, print and complete the booking form.

For further information click here.

For enquiries, please contact Parks & Recreational Services on (07) 5581 6984



Wedding Ceremonies

Wedding Ceremonies

  • All Wedding Ceremonies
  • Commitment Ceremonies
  • Renewal of Vows
social gatherings and private functions

Social Gatherings & Private Functions

  • All social gatherings over 10 attendees
  • Private activity not open to the public
  • Generally does not exceed 100 people

Community Events

  • Are you looking to host your own community event?
  • Events which are open to the public and held on City-controlled parkland require permits
  • Visit for application forms and guides to help with your event planning
broadwater parklands

Broadwater Parklands

  • Activities at Broadwater Parklands requires a booking
  • Fees and charges apply
temporary access for private works

Temporary Access for Private Works

  • Access required into a park
  • For fence, swimming pool installation
  • Property landscaping, removal of vehicle from property etc
placement of infrastructure within park or open space

Placement of infrastructure within park or open space

  • Temporary occupation of a park for construction sites
  • Traversing of parks by vehicles for construction purposes
  • Entry fee, bond and rental will apply
placement of infrastructure within park or open space

Sports and Recreation Organisations

  • Right of Use Program
  • For the annual use of Council's sport and recreation facilities
placement of infrastructure within park or open space

School Sport

  • Right of Use Program
  • For the annual use of Council's sport and recreation facilities
Park and sports finder

Email newsletter

Sign up to receive regular updates and find out what's happening in our parks