1. Active Travel encourages the community to participate in annual related events. You can support events such as Bike Week, Walk to Work day and Ride to Work day:
- Bike Week 16 to 24 March 2013. Bike Week is Queensland’s major celebration of all things cycling. The event incorporates a range of rides and activities to demonstrate the benefits of cycling. Click here to go to the Bicycle Queensland website.
- National Walk to Work day – Thursday 5 September 2013. National Walk to Work day is an annual, event to promote regular walking and physical activity. Visit walk.com.au to see one of the many ways you can be involved!
- National Ride to Work day – Wednesday 16 October 2013. Ride to Work day encourages people to leave their car at home and to ride their bike to work instead.
2. Mountain bike mayhem. For those who would like to try a bumpier ride, check out the awesome mountain biking adventures available through Gold Coast Mountain Bike Club. To find out more visit Gold Coast Mountain Bike Club's website
3. Free bike workshops. Council is offering a series of free workshops to increase your confidence for you to enjoy the many benefits that cycling provides. These step-by-step workshops are facilitated by a Cycling Australia accredited instructors and are designed for people of all ages and abilities. Click here to view upcoming workshops.